Thigh Lift Surgery In Mumbai
Although the thighs are an essential component of the lower body, they frequently retain extra skin creases and fat deposits following a dramatic or unexpected weight reduction, even with regular exercise and eating. The accumulation of loosened-up, sagging skin in the thighs may also result from
aging-related saggy skin on the upper part of the leg or from natural factors like heredity. When they start to feel self-conscious about their looks, people with loose skin on thighs, and persistent fat within and around the thigh region typically hide their thighs under clothes. Many clothes, including swimsuits and athletics, make them uncomfortable. People who begin to dislike their bodily parts possess the risk of developing anxiety and sadness, which can be harmful to their mental health.
A thigh lift is a procedure that involves the removal of excess skin and fat from either the inner or outer thighs. This body contouring procedure is often desirable after substantial or bariatric weight loss or in individuals for whom dieting and exercise have failed to reduce excess tissue in their upper thighs. Liposuction may be used as an adjunct to the recontouring of the inner thigh. If you are committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a moderate weight, a thigh lift can help you regain the youthful thigh contours you desire.
Dr. Shivprasad Date of Date Clinic performs the finest thigh lift procedure in India to remove excess fat, tighten loose skin, and elevate drooping or pulled skin from the inside of the thigh area. For a more sculpted appearance, it is sometimes paired with a liposuction procedure that removes any extra fat from the thigh area. The resulting thighs are more visually pleasant to the touch, with tight, smoother skin covering them.
Understanding Thigh Lift Procedure
A thigh lift or thighplasty is a surgical technique of thigh reduction by removing deposits of fat and drooping skin from the inner and outer thighs. Thighs seem disproportionate because of the sagging skin and fat deposits, and wearing tight clothes makes the bulges visible from the outside, which makes you feel self-conscious. Usually, aging or drastic weight reduction is the cause of these alterations in your thighs. Your skin slumps with fat accumulation and loses firmness as a result of these problems. You may be frustrated when, despite your best efforts, the sagging skin fails to return to the desired extent even after doing different lower body workouts at the gym.
During thighplasty, Dr. Date performs thigh lift surgery in Mumbai intending to remove extra thigh fat. Your thighs become lean, thinner and proportionate-looking as a result of thigh surgery.
Reasons To Get A Thigh Lift
- Either inside, bilateral or in the midsection area, there is noticeable extra skin.
- The skin condition of the thighs became poor following weight loss due to bariatric surgery.
- Significant weight reduction brought on by working out or dieting.
- Loose skin or cellulite around the thighs during childbirth or due to aging.
- Very loose skin on thighs.
- Skin eruptions or infections are brought on by sagging thigh skin, which also limits movement.
Meeting with the Surgeon
Dr. Date walks with patients through the whole procedure every time they visit his clinic for any leg cosmetic surgery. Each patient's particular situation must be taken into account while designing a thigh lift.
The "one size fits all" strategy does not function with it. Dr. Date is aware of this circumstance, and after considering the patient's circumstances, the procedure is chosen.
He takes great satisfaction in being open. Therefore, Dr. Date gives the patient a heads-up about the expected outcome. He pays attention to the requirements, preferences, and surgical goals of the patient. His main concerns are the patient's safety as well as their expectations and preferences for the result. Since the patient's happiness is his top concern, Dr. Date places the highest attention on the consultation for the thigh lift procedure and analyzes every element and issue to achieve the best outcomes.
Requirements for Thigh Lift Surgery
- To ensure that a patient is a good candidate for a thigh lift, the patient must first go through a series of blood tests and a physical examination.
- Patients must go by the surgeon's recommendations, which include quitting smoking and drinking alcohol at least six weeks before the procedure to prevent problems and a longer recovery period.
- Blood-thinning medications, herbal products, aspirin, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines should be stopped at least one week before surgery since they raise the chance of bleeding.
- Avoiding food six hours before thigh surgery. For upto two hours before the procedure, little sips of clear liquids such as water, black coffee, and green tea are acceptable.
- Make plans for a family member or driver to accompany you to follow-up and post-operative visits till your surgeon gives the all-clear to drive.
Procedure for Thigh Lift Surgery
To ensure patient comfort, either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia is used throughout the procedure.
Assessing And Designating The Treatment Area
The amount of skin and fat that has to be removed is determined by measuring the thighs, and the surgeon defines the appropriate region. Photographs of the thighs taken at different angles are used to compare the outcomes.
Creating an Incision
Depending on the region to be treated, the patient's and the surgeon's preferences, the looseness of the skin, and the required level of modification, the surgeon might choose between two distinct incision types. Among them are:
- Medial or Inner thigh lift: When there is skin laxity and rippling in the inner thigh region, an incision is made in the groin area, growing downward and encircling the back of the thigh, to remove the extra skin and encourage the skin to become more elastic again. Nonetheless, a mid-thigh lift may be performed by creating an incision in the groin area that extends below the buttock crease if the wrinkling and the loose skin on thighs are restricted to the upper thigh area.
- Lateral or Outer thigh lift: To firm up the skin and enhance the appearance of the outer thigh, an incision is performed in the region of the upper leg, which stretches from the groin around the hips and over the back.
Excision of Skin and Removal of Fat
The pre-surgical marks of the extra skin and fat in the thighs are removed through the incision. The skin of the thighs is pushed forward and the excised region is sutured. For a flawless finish, the thigh area is typically the target area for a focused liposuction treatment. To remove extra bodily fluids or blood, tiny drain pipes are inserted beneath the skin before the closure of wounds.
Closing of the Incisions
Deep sutures are frequently used to seal the incisions in numerous layers, forming and supporting the newly formed thigh contours by being inserted into the tissues underneath. Skin adhesives, clips, or absorbent stitches can be used to seal the skin incisions. Finally, a bandage is placed along the sutured region to provide some compression and reduce bleeding and edema.
After Treatment Care
- Resuming exercise or engaging in any physical activity should be avoided after a thigh reduction procedure for a minimum of four to six weeks.
- During the recuperation period, areas of surgery need to be treated with extra caution to avoid causing them any discomfort, inflammation, movement, or friction.
- Take antibiotics to avoid infections and medicines to ease the pain.
- Maintain dry and clean bandages.
- After surgery, get the drainage tubes and bandages taken off on the third day, and wear the compression garments that the physician has prescribed.
- Recuperation Following Thigh Lift Surgery
- Following the thigh lift procedure, you will be released from the facility the following day.
- Painkillers will help to relieve the discomfort and bruises that may occur on the thighs. It will be recommended that you wear compression clothing for four to six weeks.
- Following that, Dr Date recommends that you take a week to ten days off before resuming your regular, less taxing activities.
What To Anticipate Following A Thigh Lift Procedure
Week 1: Right After Thigh Lift
Some bruising and swelling on your thighs that can be relieved with the painkillers. For a week, you will find it difficult to sit and could feel better off lying down or standing. It will be recommended that you wear compression clothing from the next day after your thigh surgery and continue wearing it for four to six weeks.
Weeks 4–6: One Month Following Surgery
After four weeks of thigh reduction, mild activity can be resumed since the swelling and bruises have subsided. After six weeks, you can resume jogging and other strenuous activities. You can also stop using the compression garment. You will be given instructions on scar maintenance procedures, which you must strictly adhere to to have the least scars possible.
Three Months After Thigh lift Procedure
You should be back to your usual self by now. Your thighs seem stronger and thinner post your leg cosmetic surgery, and you feel more at ease wearing tight-fitting clothing!
Why Choose Dr Date?
Dr. Shivprasad Date in Mumbai is one of the top cosmetic and plastic surgeons, who is renowned for his surgical talent. He is an expert in body contouring, having completed numerous successful plastic and aesthetic procedures including tummy tucks, mommy makeovers, and body lifting procedures including arm lifts and thigh lifts.
The Date Clinic's team of specialists is dedicated to giving each patient individualized and compassionate care that will enable them to appear and feel their best. This care will be provided at every stage, from the initial consultation to the follow-up after thigh lift surgery.