Breast Lift Surgery in Mumbai
Welcome to Dr. Date Clinic, where we believe that confidence is intertwined with self-image. If you're contemplating Breast Lift Surgery, you are embarking to rediscover your beauty and enhance your self-esteem.
With years of experience in the cosmetic surgery niche, Dr. Shivprasad Date is a name that patients trust. Besides the expertise of our leading surgeon, the clinic is also equipped with a dedicated team of specialists and staff who are committed to guiding you through breast shaping and lifting procedures in India.
Breast lift surgery improves a woman’s contours and proportions by raising and firming her breasts. Also known as mastopexy, this procedure re-creates a more youthful breast shape and helps in eliminating sagging and skin laxity. Women who want to correct these concerns without adding volume to their breasts can benefit from a breast lift.
Gravity, loss of skin elasticity, weight loss, pregnancy and breastfeeding ultimately affect the shape and firmness of the breasts. A breast lift corrects these issues by:
- Lifting the breasts to a more youthful position
- Removing excess skin and reshaping the breasts
- Repositioning and resizing the nipple-areola complex when necessary (areola being the darker disk around each nipple)
Table of content
Who Are The Ideal Candidates For Breast Lift Surgery?
To put it simply, those who are usually in good health and want to address specific difficulties with their breasts are the best candidates for breast lift surgery.
This surgery is typically considered by women whose breasts are drooping or sagging as a result of pregnancy, weight changes, ageing, or heredity. They may be seeking a more elevated appearance because they believe their breasts have become less firm.
Most candidates want to enhance their breast contours and form without drastically altering their breast size. They aim to address problems such as drooping breasts or pointing nipples downward.
It is imperative that surgical candidates have reasonable expectations regarding the results of their procedure. Determining if a breast lift surgery is the best course of action to accomplish the intended cosmetic goals involves speaking with Dr. Shivprasad Date, the most knowledgeable and proficient plastic surgeon.
Exploring More about Breast Lift Surgery
Breast lift surgery is just what the name suggests. Medically termed as Mastopexy, this is a cosmetic procedure that’s specifically designed to lift and then reshape the sagging breasts.
Several factors affect the shape and integrity of the breasts in a woman. Instances like pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, the aging process, etc., often contribute to the changes in the breast’s shape, appearance, and size.
Women who consider undergoing breast lifting are either unsatisfied with their saggy breasts or feel the weight and burden of the situation and want to correct that for a more comfortable life ahead. Hence, the primary goal of breast lift surgery is to restore a more youthful and perky breast contour, promoting both physical and emotional well-being.
Everything You Need to Know about Breast Lift Surgery
Typically 2-3 hours
Around the areola, vertical or anchor-shaped
1-2 weeks for normal activities, 4-6 weeks for strenuous activities
Long-lasting, with periodic checks recommended
Minimal scarring fades over time
Risks and complications
Infection, scarring, changes in sensation, asymmetry, dissatisfaction
Are you an Ideal Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery in Mumbai?
Despite the prevalence of breast lift surgery in India, many individuals don’t realize that not everyone is an ideal candidate for the procedure. The decision to undergo a breast lift surgery should thus be assessed, considered, and discussed at length with an experienced medical professional like Dr. Date before you finalize the logistics.
Some of the instances that warrant the surgery include:
Individuals experiencing significant sagging or ptosis of the breasts, where the nipples have descended below the breast crease. Since breast lift surgery is specifically tailored to correct sagging, the results are pretty much immediate and noticeable.
Loss of breast volume
Those who have experienced a loss of breast volume, leading to a deflated or flattened appearance, are also considered ideal candidates for the surgery. The procedure not only lifts but reshapes the breasts, too, providing the individual with a fuller and more youthful appearance.
Individuals with noticeable breast asymmetry, where one breast sits lower or has a different shape than the other, are ideal candidates, too. The procedure reshapes and repositions the breasts for a more balanced and harmonious appearance.
General physical health
If you are experiencing issues from any of the above and you are in general good physical health, undergoing surgery would be an ideal choice in that case. A thorough consultation with Dr. Date is a must, irrespective of anything though. A healthy patient is mandatory because it ensures the safety of the procedure and smoother recovery after the surgery.
Many women who consider a breast lift surgery are often struggling with body image issues due to the appearance of their non-uniform or sagging breasts. This can take a toll on one’s emotional well-being, which explains why having realistic expectations from the procedure is emphasized.
Stability in weight
Individuals who have attained a stable weight are also considered ideal candidates for the procedure. Severe fluctuations in weight can leave adverse impacts on the final results, which is why prioritizing stability in weight before the surgery is paramount.
Commitment to aftercare
Getting the breast sagging treatment and surgery is not the end of the road. Instead, the surgery is followed up with post-operative aftercare, which the patients must follow without fail. Non-adherence to these instructions will delay the healing and contribute to complications, which is the last thing anyone wants.
At Dr. Date Clinic, our comprehensive evaluation ensures that each candidate is well-suited for the procedure, maximizing the chances of a successful and satisfying outcome.
What to Expect – Before, During, and After the Procedure?
Undergoing a breast lift surgery means that you have to prepare for it, physically and emotionally. At Dr. Date Clinic, our priority is patient education. We want to let our potential patients understand everything that comes with the procedure to ensure they make relevant and informed decisions.
Here’s a breakdown of the same:
Before the Procedure
- Consultation – This involves an in-depth discussion with Dr. Date to assess the patient's current health, discuss treatment goals, and assess if they are an ideal candidate for the procedure.
- Medical evaluation - A comprehensive examination to ensure you're a suitable candidate for the surgery. This will involve a physical examination and routine blood tests to rule out any physiological complications that could hinder the surgery and the post-operative recovery.
- Preparation – Once all the basics are straightened out, Dr. Date will provide the patient with comprehensive pre-operative care, including lifestyle and medication adjustments, a few days or weeks before the surgery.
During the Procedure
- Anesthesia – On the day of the surgery, the first step is anesthesia. Since it is an extensive surgery, general anesthesia is administered to ensure the patient’s comfort while undergoing the surgery.
- Incision – Depending on what was discussed beforehand and the specific needs of the patient, a surgeon will choose the relevant and appropriate incision pattern to ensure optimal results from the surgery.
- Lifting and reshaping – Once the incision is made, the procedure is followed by removing the excess skin and tissue, which is then followed by reshaping for a more natural look of the breasts.
After the Procedure
- Recovery room – Following the completion of the surgery, the patient is then shifted to the recovery room until the patient is ready to go home.
- Follow-up appointments – Post-operative and follow-up appointments are quintessential when tracking the patient’s progress and addressing the concerns they are experiencing during the recovery process.
- Choosing supportive garments – Wearing supportive and comfortable clothing is also quintessential to aid in the healing process, so prioritizing the same is mandatory. Dr. Date will thoroughly explain the kind of garments to wear and what to avoid to support the healing journey.
- Scar care – Scarring is a significant concern that most patients struggle with, so proper scar care instructions are also mentioned at length by Dr. Date to ensure optimal healing.
In order to make sure you are not uncomfortable throughout the procedure, anaesthesia is usually administered first. Dr. Date will choose the kind of anaesthesia based on your comfort level and the strategy for your surgery.
The pre-planned plan will subsequently be followed by Dr. Date when creating incisions. These incisions may run horizontally along the breast crease or around the areola, continuing down to the breast crease.
Dr. Date will reconfigure the breast tissue to produce a firmer, elevated contour following incisions. He may even move the nipples to a younger, higher position.
Following the reshaping, Dr. Date will gently sew, use stitches, or use skin adhesives to seal the wounds. After some time of observation, you will either be released to return home that day or be kept for a short period of time.
You must adhere to the post-operative care guidelines following the surgery. Healing can be aided by taking recommended drugs and using a support bra. As the swelling goes down, you'll notice that your breasts get firmer and more lifted over time, which will improve your entire appearance.
What is the Cost of Breast Lift Surgery in Mumbai?
The breast-lifting cost in Mumbai will vary, depending on the kind of surgery one is getting and the extent of the procedure. On average, the cost starts from INR 1,10,000 and can be influenced by several factors.
- Surgeon’s fee – The skill and experience of the surgeon will also influence the total costs involved in the breast-lifting surgery.
- Facility fee – This includes the charges associated with the clinic and the kind of infrastructure and technology used for the surgery.
- Anesthesia fee – Another contributing factor influencing the overall cost of breast tightening treatment in Mumbai is the anesthesia-related fees.
- Post-operative care – This includes the cost you will have to bear for follow-up appointments and the support that you’d need during recovery.
- Geographic location – The city in India where you are getting the procedure done will also influence the overall costs associated with the breast-lifting surgery.
If you are considering undergoing breast lifting and shaping surgery in Mumbai, Dr. Date Clinic is hands down the best option you can consider. From transparency pricing to ongoing support, we are here to partner with you throughout the entire procedure.
Breast Lift Surgery Cost
A breast lift surgery's cost might vary depending on a number of things. The surgeon's experience, the surgical facility's location, the cost of anaesthesia, the intricacy of the procedure, and any required diagnostic tests are some of the factors that affect the total cost.
The complexity of the treatment required to obtain the desired outcomes and the costs associated with post-surgery care are other factors that influence the cost. In the event of unforeseen issues, the total cost may potentially increase.
It is imperative that you speak with Dr. Shivprasad Date if you are considering having breast lift surgery. A thorough cost breakdown of the possible expenses may be obtained from his clinic.
What are the Side Effects of Breast Lifting Surgery?
Like any other surgery, even breast lifting and reshaping surgery involves a few side effects that one needs to be aware of. Dr. Date ensures that the patients are well-informed and that no one is blindsided after the procedure in case future complications arise.
Some of the most common risks, side effects, or complications include:
- Minimal scarring
- Temporary or permanent numbness in the nipple area
- Unfavorable results
This is one of the reasons why having realistic expectations from the surgery is an absolute must for every patient to ensure that the results align with the patient's requirements.
Why Choose Dr. Date Clinic for Breast Lifting Surgery?
At Dr. Date Clinic, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional care and achieving natural-looking results. Here’s why our patients put their trust in us:
- Expert surgeon – Dr. Date is a leading surgeon with years of experience, where he has worked with thousands of patients to improve their aesthetic appearance with guaranteed natural results.
- State-of-the-art facility - We operate in a modern and fully-equipped surgical facility. Dr. Date Clinic offers everything from technological advancements to being a one-stop destination for all treatment requirements.
- Personalized care – With Dr. Date, you can be guaranteed to get an individualized treatment plan that tends to your needs and for subjective results.
- Comprehensive consultations – Undergoing a breastlifting surgery can be significant and monumental. Dr. Date prioritizes a comprehensive and holistic consultation to analyze the situation and in-depth discussions to ensure the patient’s needs are met per their expectations.
- Post-operative support – Our care doesn’t end with the surgery. Dr. Date also ensures the patient receives relevant care after the surgery with follow-up consultations.
Given his experience and performance history, Dr. Date is a unique choice for breast lift surgery. Dr. Date has performed several cosmetic procedures and is renowned for his ability to produce pleasing outcomes that seem natural.
Patients like Dr. Date's sensitive approach, in which he carefully considers their needs and concerns before customising care to meet their goals. His dedication to attaining patient contentment sets him apart, fostering a sense of security and attentive treatment under his guidance.
His method gives patients confidence by providing them with precise instructions and encouragement throughout the surgery process. As a result of his reputation for providing compassionate care and his ability to put patients at ease, Dr. Date is a popular choice among those considering breast lift surgery.
Benefits Of Breast Lift Performed By Dr. Date
There are several clear-cut advantages to having a breast lift operation done by a qualified plastic surgeon like Dr. Date:
- Your breasts can be lifted and reshaped by Dr. Date to give them a firmer, more youthful appearance. Your body image and self-confidence might both increase with better-looking breasts.
- Dr. Date can help you achieve better symmetry in your breasts so they appear equal and balanced.
- Dr. Date customises the process to meet your unique requirements. He will design a strategy that works best for you, taking into consideration your intended result.
- Because Dr. Date is a skilled surgeon, he employs methods to reduce scarring so that you will have less noticeable scars.
- A breast lift operation by Dr. Date can produce long-lasting effects that will improve your feeling of well-being for years to come.
- He puts your safety and well-being first, so you know you're in capable hands during the procedure.
- In addition to walking you through the procedure and answering your worries, Dr. Date will provide individualised care.
- Your self-esteem may rise as a result of the beneficial improvements in the way your breasts look, increasing your level of comfort and body confidence.
Your whole quality of life will be improved if you get breast lift surgery performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Date. He will make sure that you receive the greatest treatment and outcomes.
Schedule Your Breast Lift Consultation at Dr. Date Clinic! +91 8291583850
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A breast lift addresses sagging and uneven breasts, decreased breast volume and drooping nipples and stretched areolas (the darker area surrounding the nipples), recreating a youthful shape and lift to your breasts. If there is too little or too much breast volume, a breast augmentation or breast reduction might be recommended in addition to a lift. Also known as mastopexy.
- Pregnancy, nursing, gravity, weight gain or loss, normal aging, and heredity have taken a toll on the shape of your breasts, resulting in sagging or excess skin
- If your surgeon thinks that breast implants alone are unlikely to achieve the contour you desire
- If the tissue surrounding the nipple or areola has become stretched
Silicone gel-filled breast implants: Breast augmentation by fitting silicone implants not only increases the size of the breasts, but also makes them firmer and gives them more volume. It imparts a natural feel ant touch. The implants have undergone thorough scientific testing to demonstrate their high level of safety.
Autologous fat transfer: This procedure entails removal of fat by liposuction from an area of your body in which there are abundant fat cells, such as your thighs, abdomen and hips. After a process of preparation and refinement, the fat cells are injected into your breast. Advantage is that volume enhancement is by own tissue and risks and complications of implants are completely avoided. However, a percentage of fat injected gets dissolved by the body and size reduces subsequently. Hence this requires multiple sittings to achieve a final result.
Your plastic surgeon might combine any of these breast augmentation options with a breast lift if there is any sagging or drooping of your breasts.
Your anatomy and health profile as well as your personal preferences will help you and your surgeon determine:
- The best type of surgery
- Your optimal breast size
- The type of implant and incision location that will best fill your needs.
Factors that influence the size and type of breast augmentation recommended for you include:
- Your medical history
- Your goals for breast enhancement
- Your existing body frame and mass
- Your existing breast tissue
- Your preferences related to size and incision placement.
The goal of your aesthetic plastic surgeon is to help you achieve the best results and to make your surgical experience as easy, safe and comfortable as possible.
Most breast lift patients go home on the day of their procedure.
Discomfort after this procedure lasts an average of 3 to 7 days. Some patients will require drains for 2 to 5 days when implants are also being inserted at the same time.
Breast lift patients should begin walking and stretching on the day of the procedure. Patients should avoid exercise for 4 to 6 weeks and upper chest exercises for 12 weeks. Most women can return to desk work after 7 to 14 days.
Breast lift patients wear a compression garment for 2 days, followed by a comfortable sports bra. Patients should avoid wearing push-up and underwire bras for 6 to 8 weeks.
Different techniques for removing breast skin and reshaping the breast determine the location of the incisions and resulting scars. Your surgeon will select a technique based on your breast size and shape, areola size and position, degree of breast sagging, skin quality and elasticity and how much extra skin you have.
Dr. Date will select a technique to match each patient’s specific breast rejuvenation needs. He will discuss the best method to meet particular goals during a consultation. Typically, this procedure involves the following
- Your plastic surgeon will remove excess breast skin and shift the nipple and areola to a higher position.
- If your areola has become stretched, it can now be reduced in size.
- Skin that was formerly located above the areola is brought down and together, beneath the breast, to reshape the breast.
- Your surgeon will remove excess skin and close your incisions, tightening the skin, sewing the breast back together and placing sutures deep in the breast tissue to support the new breast position for a longer period of time.
- Scars are usually hidden under the breasts, although some light scarring may be seen on top of the breast.
- The nipples and areolas remain attached to underlying mounds of tissue, and this usually allows for the preservation of sensation and the ability to breastfeed.
These vary according to the type of incision your aesthetic surgeon suggests for you. Your surgeon can conceal some incision lines in natural breast contours, but others will be visible on the breast surface. A common method of lifting the breasts involves three incisions:
- Around the aureolas
- Extending downward from the areolas to the breast creases
- Horizontally along the breast creases
Although incision lines are permanent, in most cases they will fade and significantly improve over time. Every effort is made to place scars in hidden areas and minimise them, with the goal of achieving the desired results with the shortest possible scar.
Your surgeon will provide thorough preoperative instructions, answer any questions you may have, take a detailed medical history and perform a physical exam to determine your fitness for surgery.
In advance of your procedure, your surgeon will ask you to:
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding.
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Regardless of the type of surgery to be performed, hydration is very important before and after surgery for safe recovery and critical outcomes.
- Keep alcohol consumption at less than two to three drinks per week.
- You must not lift, drive or do laundry and cleaning for the first two weeks.
- Rest and sleep on your back continuously in an inclined position (25 to 45 degree angle) for the initial postoperative days or while significant swelling remains. You can achieve elevation with wedge pillows with an incline design or by sleeping in a recliner chair.
- Avoid hot showers, hot tubs and saunas for two to three weeks.
- Decide what you will wear for the first few days; pick items that open in front. Wear slip-on shoes so you don't have to bend.
- You may be asked to wash your body with antibacterial soap prior to surgery.
- Make sure not to wear cosmetics (including nail polish), lotions, perfumes or other substances.
- Dress in or bring soft, comfortable clothes that you'll be able to wear after the surgery, including a top that opens in the front and shoes that slip on.
- Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure.
- General anaesthesia is commonly used during your breast reduction procedure, although local anaesthesia or intravenous sedation may be desirable in some instances.
- For your safety during the surgery, various monitors will be used to check your heart, blood pressure, pulse and the amount of oxygen circulating in your blood.
- Your plastic surgeon will follow the surgical plan discussed with you before surgery. Once the operation has begun, the surgeon may decide to combine various techniques or change a technique to ensure the best result. It is important that you feel comfortable and trust your doctor to make these decisions.
- After your procedure is completed, you will be taken into a recovery area where you will continue to be closely monitored.
- Following the surgery, a bulky gauze dressing (bandage) will be wrapped around your breasts and chest or you might wear a surgical bra. Drainage tubes may be attached to your breasts.
Recovery will be smoother if you follow all patient care instructions provided by your surgeon. Your surgeon will also provide detailed instructions about the normal symptoms you will experience and any potential signs of complications.
- Incision care. Your incision sites will be checked, and your stitches removed in approximately 10-14 days.
- Suture removal Keep your incisions/suture line dry. Your surgeon may have placed Steri-Strips on top of your incision line and sutures, or you may have sutures internally and tissue glue externally to bind your incision edges.
- Monitoring your temperature. An elevated temperature could mean an infection and hence it should be monitored for 2 weeks.
- Soreness and pain. You will feel tender, stiff and sore for a few days and will more than likely not want to move too much. This will subside. Be sure to take your required medications and follow the precise instructions provided by your surgeon.
- Swelling: Post surgical swelling is always present though the breasts will be noticeably smaller than pre operative size. Most of the swelling will disappear by 2-3 weeks. This can be hastened by increasing your fluid intake (preferably water), having normal to low sodium intake, and movement, such as light walking.
- Bruising may be seen especially if liposuction has also been done. Other common side effects during recovery include numbness or changes in nipple sensitivity, itching around incision sites, and increased firmness or fullness in the breast tissue. These side effects should subside over the next few weeks, with some residual effects lasting up to three months after surgery.
- Sleeping and good bed rest contributes greatly to pain relief and reducing swelling. The propped up position is recommended. This helps relieve pressure on your treatment area, reducing swelling and pain.
- Bathing. You may be asked to take sponge baths until your incisions are completely closed and your sutures are no longer in place. You may not be able to wash your hair for a while, because you will not be allowed to raise your hands over your head.
- Activity. Even though you may not feel like it, your surgeon will probably advise you to walk and move around as soon as you can to prevent blood clots and swelling. You will be instructed not to exercise or engage in strenuous activities for at least 4-6 weeks. Your full range of motion should return between six to ten weeks, depending on how well you have healed.
Every procedure involves inherent risks. Although serious complications are extremely rare, Dr. Date educates every patient about potential risks. Those risks can include scarring, the opening of the wound, discomfort for several days, bruising around the surgical sites, infection, bleeding, nerve and vessel injury, skin necrosis, deep venous thrombosis (clotting), and general anaesthesia-related issues.